| A bath seat gives your
child added support while in the bathtub, but it will not protect
him or her from injury or drowning. Keep the following in mind while
using a bath seat or bath ring:
* NEVER leave baby unattended in the bath. Literally NEVER,
not even for a split second, not even to go grab the phone, NEVER.
* Gather all of your bathing materials before bringing baby into
* Never use a bath seat on textured or non-skid surfaces unless
the manufacturer’s instructions specifically state the seat
is intended for such surfaces.
* Place the bath seat in the tub so baby cannot reach the faucet
or spout, or any other protruding items.
* Bath rings should only be used with children who are capable of
sitting upright unassisted, otherwise, use a bath seat.
* After running a minimum amount of warm water in the tub, carefully
place baby into the bath seat.
* If bath seat moves or tips while your child is in it, discontinue
use and locate a better-made seat.